Speak to an IT Consultant Now:
1 866 417 3945
Full-time Contract (W9) Position
Location: Longview, WA - Cowlitz County
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Onsite IT Services
As an Information Technology (IT) Network Technologist, you will be handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members, and restoring services to the end users.
You will need to have some experience in public safety working with
- Computer-aided dispatch,
- Enterprise voice and data networks for 911 systems,
- Records Management Systems (RMS), and mission-critical IP transport.
The successful candidate must be able to explain intricate technical information to non-technical users and have an understanding of Incident, Problem, and Change Management processes. The role requires a professional committed to success by embracing and living our core values of Persistence, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Prudence.
- 3+ years of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, and Microsoft Office Suite, Web Browsers, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10
- Deep understanding of Active Directory
- Ability to support Microsoft Office 365 & Azure Services
- Basic networking understanding (small and home office networks, VPN, etc.)
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively
- Able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (potentially including boosters) is preferred for this role. MCP will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance where required, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions
Roles & Responsibilities:
Onsite IT Support
- Interface regularly and effectively with ticket submitters - Maintain, analyze, and fix computer systems, hardware, printers, and computer peripherals
- Troubleshoot end-user issues: handle escalated tickets relating to server/network-related issues
- Facilitate user account management by handling onboarding, change and departure processes
- Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
- Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, hosted cloud systems, remote workforce environments, etc.
- Administer and maintain end-user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Provides second-level technical support to users concerning network system operations
- Ensure the stable operation of the computer networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
- Monitor system performance using the provided toolsets
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Installs and maintains network file servers and network operating systems; ensures that backup copies of all files are routinely made and securely stored at a separate location; maintains system documentation.
- Participate in a rotational on-call schedule for after-hours support
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Responsible individual: shows up on time, and returns calls in a timely manner.
Be well-groomed and dressed in business casual attire at all times.
Active listening and problem-solving skills
Works well with others
Ability to interact with senior management
Passionate about IT
Honest person with high moral standards and integrity
If you are passionate about IT, looking to join a cutting-edge IT group, and have a positive outlook and friendly disposition, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
A+ Mobile Techs